Welcome to Mastering Moodle
Mastering Moodle has been designed to support faculty and staff involved in course development at Royal Roads University. There are two ways you can interact with this site:
- as a reference for moodle resource material
- as a self-directed course
Both options allow you to build your moodle editing skills and learn more about developing course materials & activities that support learning in moodle. Regardless of which path you follow, you are encouraged to read through the material in unit 1 before accessing the other units.
Mastering Moodle uses a new feature available in moodle 2, Conditional Activities. You now see a check box next to course resources and activities. Most of these items are set so that you can put a check-mark next to the resource or activity to indicate that you have reviewed it. For quiz activities, moodle will automatically put a check in the box after you have completed the quiz.
Reference site path
If you are looking for specific information about a moodle resource, activity or tool you can move to the unit covering that topic (after reviewing the content in unit 1):
- Unit 1: Basic settings
- navigation, course editing, course development guide
- Unit 2: Moodle Resources
- page, label, URL, file, folder, book
- Unit 3: Moodle Activities
- assignments, chat, choice, forums, glossary, quiz, wiki, database, feedback, lesson, survey, workshop
- Unit 4: Moodle Tools & Advanced Features
- grades, reports, blocks, blogs, media, RSS, groups & groupings, conditions, activity & course completion
Self-directed course path
If you are interested in the self-directed course option, start by reading the Course Outline below. You will work through the units in order, at your own pace. Each unit includes an introductory video and suggested activities.