Case: Mid-point Course Review
The Responsive Facilitation team facilitators will lead this activity.
- you are part of a small group that has been asked to assist an instructor (new to online teaching) who has received a negative mid-point course evaluation from students
- your group includes experienced online instructors from different subject specializations
- the Course Instructor has asked for your group's assistance and provided you with the student evaluation data and her reflections
- the Course Instructor has in-depth knowledge of the subject area but was asked to teach this online course (prepared by someone else) at the last minute
- the Course Instructor had no prior experience teaching online, although she had used some of the tools available in the learning management system course shell to support other face-to-face classes