The following team learning outcomes for high performance teamwork are congruent with current research and literature addressing workplace competencies and outcomes wanted by employers. The purpose of high performance teamwork is to help you understand and describe key competencies you are developing in preparation for life, school and career. Teamwork and collaboration is a primary outcome across countries, associations, employers and within higher education.
|1. Personal Awareness
- Develop self-awareness of individual team members
- Identify individual contributions to team, exploring leadership, values, strengths and interests
- Identify and plan individual goals for work to be accomplished together
|2. Working with Others|
- Develop awareness and sensitivity of diversity (cultural, social, etc.) among individual members.
- Develop individual and team goals for accomplishing work, identifying individual strengths or contributions to team.
- Establish an understanding of group dynamics
- Understand and create an outline of roles and responsibilities and how each will be fulfilled
|3. Inclusive Communication|
- Create trust and rapport among team members
- Develop a team agreement that states collective team and individual expectations, behaviour and conduct, team agreements, roles and responsibilities
- Foster team building practices and process that include launching organizing, collaborating, finalizing and celebrating
- Establish preferred communication style and online communication platform for open and consistent communication
- Practice inclusive communication between all team members, including mutual inquiry, effective questioning, reflective and active listening and effective feed forward
|4. Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution|
- Apply problem solving and conflict resolution skills to improve team process
- Resolution of team disagreements through consistent dialogue and open communication
- Ability to communicate effectively in diverse and difficult circumstances
- Approach conflict directly, tactfully and ethically
|5. Reflection and Feedforward|
- Consistent check-ins and evaluation of team process in application to team assignment and goals
- Schedule time for revisions and feedback prior to submission of assignment