Activity: Sample Synchros
For this activity you are asked to watch a couple of short videos of web-conferencing sessions and review them using the Facilitation Session Guide (found at the bottom of this Course Overview page), sharing your thoughts with the rest of the class in the Week 2 Discussion Forum by Wednesday of this week.
Choose two of the following to watch and then review. (If you wish to review more - go for it! ):
- Ten-minute videos of faculty learning how to facilitate mini-sessions in Blackboard Collaborate:
- Corporate On Demand Webinars at CindyHuggett.com. (Note: These are much longer videos so just review about 10-15 minutes of the webinar in any spot. You will have to register, by providing your name and email address, to be able to watch them).
- Another openly-accessible video that you've found or know about that features someone facilitating using a web-conferencing tool. (Again, just review a 10-15 minute section. If you'd like to share a good site for watching these type of recordings, please share it with us in the Week 2 Forum.)
Using the Facilitation Session Guide (from this Course Overview page - at bottom), think about:
- What facilitation behaviours or strategies did you see that you'd like to "borrow" for when you facilitate online that you think adhere to best practices?
- Were there any facilitation behaviours or strategies that you saw that you didn't think were as effective? Or might not work in your context?
- What questions do you have about the session that you are still wondering about?
When you write your post, try to give us timings of where you saw notable behaviours/strategies so we can find what you're referring to. If you have used another video other than one that was provided on this page, please include a link to it in your forum so we can also view it.