Royal Roads offers a whole community of support to our students, staff, and faculty. The pages linked below provide some introductory resources related to the community of support that is available to RRU faculty, staff, and students.
1. The RRU website
- The About Royal Roads page is a great place to start.
- The Current Students page will help you understand what supports students can access and what policies relate to them. If you are teaching, this is particularly important for you.
- The Ethics page - check out RRU Policy on Integrity and Misconduct in Research and Scholarship (PDF) and RRU Research Ethics Policy (PDF).
2. Computer Services help desk & the Knowledgebase:
The folks at the Computer Services help desk can help you with things like email issues, passwords, browser information, network access, etc. To get in touch with Computer Services, you can submit a ticket online, visit in person, or get in touch by phone:
- Local: 250-391-2659
- Toll-free Long Distance: 1-866-808-5429.
- On campus: Cedar 110
- After Hours emergency: 1-250-391-2525
In addition to the Computer Services helpdesk, you can also use the Knowledgebase, a searchable database of how-to guides related to all things IT, accessible via computerservices.royalroads.ca. Be sure to login in the upper right of the page to access all the information. Simply type your question or a keyword in the search box, and a list of related articles will appear.
3. The RRU Library
The library is both an on-campus resource and a wonderful help to distant faculty, staff and students.
- The Copyright Office provides great service, too!
4. The Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies (CTET)
CTET provides support for faculty in a multitude of ways, include course design, course development, faculty/professional development, and more. Explore CTET services on the CTET website, including:
- Find out about professional development opportunities - some focused on Teaching, some focused on Technology
- Check out what CTET Studio can do for you. CTET Studio is a collaboration space where faculty, associate faculty, and staff can work with CTET, learn about educational technologies, and get help with Moodle and other tools.