Overview of "Moodle: Getting Around"
This version of "Moodle: Getting Around" is a self-study resource for RRU faculty and staff to begin learning about the learning management system called Moodle.
Who should go through this material?
- Staff or faculty very new to Moodle or any learning management system
- Staff or faculty who haven’t used Moodle in a while and would appreciate starting again with the basics
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what a learning management system is
- Generally describe the different Moodle sites at RRU and their purposes
- Ensure that you have a web browser which will work best with Moodle
- Navigate effectively around Moodle
- Complete your Moodle profile
- Talk with others in a Moodle forum, including creating links and attaching files
- Subscribe and unsubscribe to forums
This material can either be reviewed here in this course shell, or during an interactive, two-hour in-person workshop with the staff of the Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies (CTET) at Royal Roads University. Consult the CTET website Workshops and Events page for the next offering of the workshop.