At RRU, we have several instances of Moodle. When we talk about "instances" of Moodle, we are saying that we have several versions or variations of Moodle, each with their own specific purpose and use:
- Credit Courses: Our "main" Moodle instance, holds all credit courses for student learning. If you are teaching at RRU, it is likely this is the instance of Moodle you will use most often.
- Course Archives: Holds old versions of courses (subject to the university's Course Archive process).
- Continuing Studies Courses: Holds our Continuing Studies and faculty development courses.
- Innovate Now: Holds all "sandbox" (practice) and community of practice sites.
- Innovate Next: One version ahead of Innovate Now and is a testing ground to help us prepare for upcoming Moodle upgrades.
- Open Education Resources: Holds Open Educational Resources (this is where we are right now).
It's helpful to know about the different Moodle instances we have at RRU since you may end up using more than one during your time with us.
Check out the image below of our imagined "Moodle-verse" at RRU: