Road Map: How to Use This Resource
As is the case will most Moodle courses, this resource is organised into sections. You can see a list of the different sections of the course in the navigation drawer to your left (if you don't see the nav drawer, try clicking the three horizontal lines on the top left of the page). You should see the following sections, each of which contains one learning unit for this course:
Within each section, or learning unit, you will find:
- "About this section", which provides a brief introduction to the unit. We suggest reading this first for whatever unit you are working on.
- Content pages, which are structured to provide a brief explanation of the task, followed by a practice task for you to complete in your sandbox (learn more about sandboxes), plus links to additional readings and resources (see below). You should try and get through each of the pages included in the unit, although the order you complete them is up to you.
We have also put together a course checklist, which is there to provide you with a printable and handy list of all the tasks that you should aim to finish in order to complete this course. Download the course checklist: Checklist to use as you go through this resource.
RRU Computer Services Knowledgebase
Most of the tasks in this course include weblinks to the RRU Computer Services knowledgebase, where we have written articles about using Moodle for staff and faculty. When you click on these course resources they will take you directly to the Knowledgebase and the article will open in a new tab of your browser. After you are done reading the article, just close your tab and return to this course page.
Not sure of something? Contact CTET Studio!
CTET Studio is a collaboration space where faculty, associate faculty, and staff can work with CTET, learn about educational technologies, and get help with Moodle and other tools. If at any time, you feel stuck or unsure of anything in this resource, please feel free to reach out to us with your questions. We promise that you will be treated with respect, appreciation, and using clear, straightforward, jargon-free language. We're available Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm and you can reach us a number of ways:
- In-person at CTET, LIC 004
- Email email@example.com
- Call toll-free at 1-866-808-5429 and ask for CTET Studio
- Call 250-391-2600, ext 4465