Add a choice poll
The Choice activity in Moodle is a one question poll. It allows you to ask a question of your students and provides them your pre-set responses to choose from. You can use a Choice activity for students to sign up for office hours, pick readings in a "jigsaw"-like activity, quick "pulse taking" on an emergent course opinion topic, or many more ideas.
For this activity you should:
- add a choice poll into your sandbox
- fill out the content of your choice poll - how are you going to engage your students with this poll? what are you trying to elicit from them?
If you would like more guidance or inspiration before you begin:
- Visit the Moodle to the Max Project Page to learn about the pedagogical applications of Moodle Choice and try out sample activities (RRU login required).
- Consult the Knowledgebase article, Moodle Choice.
- Read Principle #2 - Activity 12: Student Polling and Voting (pp. 75-76) and Principle #9 - Activity 85: Timed Disclosures and Issue Voting (pp. 244-245) in the TEC-VARIETY book