Sample Assignment 2: Final EXDC Curriculum and Reflection (Individual) 25%
This is a three-part assignment in which you will (1) put forward your revised curriculum for the EXDC, (2) discuss the theoretical basis for your design, and (3) reflect on your experience with the EXDC and identify learnings for future.
Part One: Revised Curriculum (Word count: 350-750 words, not counting lesson planning template)
- Present your revised design, in response to the EXDC. You will be provided with a template from the instructor to complete this.
- Articulate what you have retained from your team’s original design, what you have changed, and why.
- Refer to what you have learned from the feedback and/or what you have learned simply by applying your own critical/creative thinking
- Demonstrate the logic behind your response to the EXDC by addressing the following points:
- Your insights about your learners: What key insights about your learners informed your learning experience design? You want to demonstrate that your design did not emerge "out of the blue,' but rather that it emerged from what you know about your learners.
- Your context: What key insights about your context informed your learning experience design?
- Your learning outcomes: Why did you choose the learning outcomes you did, and how do they emerge from your understanding of your learners, topic, and context?
- Your teaching strategies/exercises/activities: Why did you choose the strategies/exercises/activities you did and how do they emerge from your understanding of your learners, topic, and context?
Part Two: Theoretical Foundation (300-500 words)
Drawing on the learning theory readings assigned in this course and, if you so choose, additional readings as needed, identify the theory/theorist and/or theories/theorists that inform your design and explain:
- How does this theory show up in your design? For example, if you say that you have used constructivist principles, explain what, precisely, about your design is constructivist.
- Why is this theoretical perspective appropriate? What is it about your particular context, topic, and/or learners that will make this particularly theory or theories effective?
Part Three: Process Reflection (400-700 words)
In Weeks 3-7, you explored two approaches to instructional design, ADDIE and design thinking. Write a short essay about the following:
- What aspects of ADDIE do you find helpful, what aspects don’t you find helpful, and why? Be precise and concrete.
- What aspects of design thinking do you find helpful, what aspects don’t you find helpful, and why? Be precise and concrete.
- What other learning did you gain through the EXDC, which might inform you, as you continue to develop as an educator and communicator? Be precise and concrete.
|Part One: Revised Curriculum|
|Part Two: Theoretical Foundation|
|Part Three: Process Reflection|
|Principles of Good Writing|