Faculty Development & Training
Centre for Teaching & Educational Technologies (CTET)
Fees for CTET workshops are waived for all Associate Faculty. A contract does not need to be in place to access workshops free of charge - as soon as you know that you will be teaching a course, you can sign up for a workshop.
CTET offers a number of on-going and ad hoc faculty development opportunities that will help you deliver your course:
Current ongoing series:
- Bits & Bytes Series - 30-minute drop-in, single-topic, practical sessions about teaching with technology. See the course page for schedule and access information.
- Pedagogical Values Series - each 1-hour session features an RRU Faculty member sharing how their pedagogical values align to the LTRM.
Previous CTET Hosted Series (feel free to browse):
- Teaching With Technology Showcase (2018-2019)
- Living Our Model Series (2017)
- Teaching with Technology Showcase (2015-2016)
- CTET's Storyteller Series (2013-2014)
Recognizing the diversity of RRU classrooms, CTET is developing offerings to support intercultural learning and teaching, including: Intercultural Foundations of Education.
Check out the Teaching with Moodle page for further Moodle-specific information and resources.
New Associate Faculty members will be asked to take one pedagogically-oriented course for face-to-face (Instructional Skills Workshop)
or online (Facilitating Learning Online - Fundamentals) instruction, and one Moodle course (self-paced, classroom,
or online) to introduce them to our learning platform.
We strongly encourage that all Associate Faculty continue to develop and refresh their skills.
Please contact CTET Studio for more information on all CTET offerings.
Professional and Continuing Studies
RRU's Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS) also offers various learning opportunities, including these Teaching and Facilitation courses - many of these courses are CTET offerings, which are free for Associate Faculty. Otherwise, Associate Faculty receive a 10% discount on most PCS courses.
Please contact Continuing.Studies@royalroads.ca for more information.
BC campus offers continually expanding faculty development workshops and courses, many free:
- Topics of Practice
- Learning & Teaching: Includes a wide variety of topics, e.g.: accessibility and universal design, trauma-informed pedagogy, creating inclusive spaces, rubrics, etc.
- Open Education
- Educational Technology
- Calendar of upcoming courses/events
- Archive of past courses/events (recorded)
- Liberating Structures: fun, purpose-driven methods to unleash and include everyone to work together toward productive endpoints.
Contact North is a community-based bilingual distance education and training network in Ontario that provides a wealth of free teaching resources.
- See Webinars (upcoming and past recorded webinars)
Canadian Centre for diversity and inclusion
Please see Indigenous Related Teaching Resources section on this website for resources that can support your teaching.