Supports for Well-Being
We recognize that this is a challenging time both professionally and personally.
Please connect with your program head or your academic contact if you have any concerns related to your teaching or other academic work.
Please connect with Isabel Cordua-von Specht at email@example.com if you have any institutional-level concerns.
We encourage you to access community and online resources to further support your well-being and the well-being of those around you:
- Wellness Canada: free, 24/7 mental health and substance use resources and support, including counselling with a mental health professional
- BCcampus: Thriving Beyond Campuses: Well-Being in Learning Environments
- Canada Life: Workplace Strategies for Mental Health
- Canadian Mental Health Association BC: Bounce Back BC
- Vancouver Island Community Resources and Crisis Lines
- Listing of crisis centres across Canada
- Victoria Disability Resource Centre: Free and Affordable Counselling in Victoria, BC
- Conference Board of Canada: Carrying On: Mental Health Strategies for COVID-19 (podcast series)
- LinkedIn Learning (previously Lynda.com) wellness tutorials, accessible via your local library (GVPL Lynda.com login)
- BC Centre for Disease Control: COVID-19
- Go-Forward Guidelines for B.C.'s Post-Secondary Sector
- BC's Restart Plan
- COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- WorkSafe BC: COVID-19 information and resources