Resources to Support Well-Being
Your well-being is important to us.
Please connect with your program head or your academic contact if you have any concerns that impact your teaching or other academic work.
Please connect with Isabel Cordua-von Specht at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any institutional-level concerns.
We encourage you to access community and online resources to further support your well-being and the well-being of those around you:
- BCcampus: Navigating Back to Campus with Resilience, Mindfulness, and Compassion
- Wellness Canada: free, 24/7 mental health and substance use resources and support, including counselling with a mental health professional
- BCcampus: Thriving Beyond Campuses: Well-Being in Learning Environments
- Bell Let's Talk
- Canada Life: Workplace Strategies for Mental Health
- Canadian Mental Health Association BC: Bounce Back BC
- Vancouver Island Community Resources and Crisis Lines
- Listing of crisis centres across Canada
- Victoria Disability Resource Centre: Free and Affordable Counselling in Victoria, BC
- Conference Board of Canada: Carrying On: Mental Health Strategies for COVID-19 (podcast series)
- LinkedIn Learning (previously Lynda.com) wellness tutorials, accessible via your local library (GVPL Lynda.com login)