Sebastian Wilberforce has 5 top legacy tips for you
Sebastian Wilburforce was former editor of Legacy Fundaising (UK) and now lives in New Zealand. Sebastian is author of "Legacy Fundraising - The Art of Seeking Bequests". Here are his top 5 tips:
- Everyone who interacts with your organisation is a potential legator so craft messages specific to each and identify the communication channels for each audience
- Make sure your website supports legacy fundraising and is consistent with messages used in your other communication tools.
- Take care when seeking funding for projects. Better to talk about funds for general purposes which give you more flexibility as to their use when you get them.
- Establish a point of contact within your organization (senior staff member) and encourage prospects to make contact to discuss the possibilities.
- Don't try to shoehorn your prospect into making a will. You're more likely to get the legacy if you let them set the pace.
Last modified: Monday, 5 November 2018, 4:16 PM