About CTET and CTET STUDIO
CTET stands for the Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies. We are the teaching and learning centre at Royal Roads University. Our staff include:
- instructional designers (experts in course design and facilitation)
- learning technologists (experts in educational technology)
- media services personnel (experts in video, audio and classroom technology)
- quality assurance personnel (experts in clarity and consistency)
CTET people are the folks who partner with you and support you when you are developing and teaching your courses at RRU. (Most people think we're pretty nice...get to know us!)
Your Support from CTET on your RRU Course
The type of support you get from CTET while you're working on developing or teaching your real RRU course in part depends on the "service level" that your course has been assigned. You can learn more about service levels on our CTET website but in general:
- Service Level 1 courses have run before and need very little updating. Instructors can connect with CTET STUDIO during development or teaching of these courses and will not be assigned an instructional designer
- Service Level 2 courses need some learning design expertise in a minor way and will be assigned an instructional designer to partner with the faculty to make changes on the course
- Service Level 3 courses are brand new courses or major redesigns of courses and will also be assigned an instructional designer to partner with the faculty to develop/redevelop the course
Faculty are welcome to connect with CTET STUDIO (see below) at any point during development or teaching of RRU courses if you have timely questions.
If you're curious about what roles everyone in the course development process have you can visit the "Roles in Course Development" page of the CTET website.
CTET STUDIO is a drop in/call in centre that is run by people who work at CTET (RRU's Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies.) STUDIO staff support faculty with your:
- pedagogical questions (related to course design or teaching)
- technical questions (related to technologies that you may be using in your course, Moodle and otherwise)
You can find STUDIO in the Learning and Innovation Centre (LIC) Room 004, or call STUDIO at 1-866-808-5429 or ext. 4465 on campus. STUDIO is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm Pacific time.
More information on STUDIO (and a whole bunch of other great information about teaching and learning and educational technologies) can be found on CTET's website.