First time in Collaborate?
- You need a headset with mic to ensure a good experience participating in an interactive Collaborate session (you will definitely need one later, to effectively moderate a session). These can be purchased for as little as $20-25 at places like London Drugs, Future Shop, The Source, Walmart, etc. Look for one with "noise cancelling" capability.
- Go to the First Users Page. Collaborate will automatically check your setup. (You may need to install a new version of Java; just follow the prompts. This process can take a few minutes).
- Join the Configuration Room. Here you can test your connection and configure your audio. This room gives you a chance to confirm that your connection and audio are working properly before entering your meeting. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Before joining the session:
- Run the First Time Users/System Check before you log in (this cannot be overemphasized).
- Login 15 minutes BEFORE the start time of your session to test your audio setup.
Access Classwide Session
- This link is for students, guests, etc when accessing sessions facilitated by the course instructor, or other students.
- See Collaborate Essentials for Participants for more information.
- Participation is available on mobile Apple products via the Blackboard Collaborate App. See Mobile Collaboration Guide for Participants for more information.
- This is a generic moderator link for students to use if/when they need moderator access (e.g., a team meeting and you need to upload a PowerPoint). Don't use this link for normal class sessions facilitated by your instructor.
- See Collaborate Essentials for Moderators for more information.
Use the sign-up sheet to schedule your team meeting times. (optional depending on course requirement)
Last modified: Tuesday, 26 March 2013, 1:06 AM