How Others Can Benefit
How can you benefit from our project?
What you can take from our literature review:
- If you want team skills to improve you should provide instruction/guidance
- For students to improve they need to practice - practice team skills and get feedback in a timely manners so they have an opportunity to make use of the feedback in their next team experience.
- Assessment tools can provide instructors with insight to enhance fairness by providing and information to more appropriately assess individual contributions to a particular assignment.
- Benefits of self-assessment include improvements in grades, quality of work, and motivation for learning
Where planning for self & peer assessment should begin:
- While an individual instructor may decide to use peer & self assessment, planning should start during course design to allow adequate time and thought to address exactly how/when the assessment(s) will occur and to choose an appropriate tool.
- An even larger benefit may be realized if planning for self & peer assessment is addressed at the program level
- See our outline of Integration of Self & Peer Assessment in 3 Stages
What tools are available to support students and instructors?:
- We looked at three tools, all of which have benefits and challenges. Check out our section, About the Technology/Tools.
- Talk with a Team Coach
- Talk with a CTET Learning Designer or STUDIO
Modifié le: Thursday, 8 September 2016, 11:31