Learn about FlipGrid
What is the tool?
Flipgrid is a video discussion community for your classroom that supercharges your students’ voices. You add the topics, your students respond with short videos, and everyone engages! FlipGrid allows for video contributions up to 90 seconds in length.
How was it used at RRU?
Flipgrid allows students in GBLD 505 to engage in a deeper set of introductions along with an opening question on expectations to set the stage for their on-campus retreat in the middle of the course. The opening question in this Flipgrid is:
"Who am I as a global leader and what do I hope to learn through this retreat about myself and others?"
Other suggested uses could be:
- Online discussion board
- Class introductions
- Foreign language practice
- Social learning
- Hear multiple ways of solving a problem
Try it out
Now it's your turn! Contribute a video to the FlipGrid in this unit to talk about how you would use FlipGrid in your classroom to engage students.
- RRU is a payed subscriber to FlipGrid in order to give faculty access to unlimited grids, topics & responses. Call CTET STUDIO or ask your CTET instructional designer for more info.
- Using Flipgrid to Improve Speaking Skills: https://historyrewriter.com/2016/12/12/using-flipgrid-to-improve-speaking-skills/
- Some instructors are using Flipgrid in flipped classrooms: http://www.macguyver.org/blog/flipgrid-the-missing-link-for-the-flipped-classroom
- 5 Strategies for Using Flipgrid in the Language Learning Classroom: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-strategies-using-flipgrid-language-learning-michael-j-shehane